The Coldcard Q hardware wallet is the latest highly-anticipated "signing device" to be released by Coinkite. Carrying over all of the much-loved features of the MK4, with a brand new design featuring a QR scanner, 3x AAA battery support, dual SD cards, qwerty keyboard and a huge new screen. The Coldcard Q is the ultimate hardware wallet device for those looking to take their self-custody to the next level.
The Coldcard Q boasts a range of impressive new features like a QWERTY keyboard for effortless entry of long passphrases, a powerful QR scanner with LED illumination, and NFC communication capabilities. With upgraded MicroSD slots, battery-powered convenience, and the ability to block USB and NFC data transmission.
The all-new Coldcard Q is fully open source just like its predecessor, anyone is able to view, edit and verify the code it runs on. The verifiability of the device allows industry professionals to evaluate and test the workings of the device, ensuring it meets the highest security standards and is free from vulnerabilities.
- QWERTY keyboard
- 320x240 Pixel LCD screen
- Battery powered
- Dual Micro SD card slots
- QR Code Scanner done right
- NFC communication
- USB and NFC data blocking
- USB-C connectivity
- Internal storage in the battery cover
- Dual secure element for storing seed words
- Reduced Attack Surface (BTC-only support)
- Engineered and manufactured in Canada
- Fully open source and verifiable source code
New design upgrades
- QWERTY Keyboard - Enter BIP-39 passphrases effortlessly for improved wallet security. The Q ensures a seamless user experience, making daily usage a breeze. Dedicated keys for menu selection, NFC, QR, and a flashlight button (activating the LED on the QR scanner module) enhance ease of operation.
- Battery Powered - Embracing true air-gapping, the Q eliminates the need for the COLDPOWER wire. You can now keep the AAA batteries (3) in the device without worrying about power drainage. Use commonly available alkaline cells or rechargeable AAA alternatives. Alternatively, connect via USB, just like the Mk4.
- QR Scanner - Bitcoin and QR codes go hand in hand, and the Q's specialized QR scanner module excels in decoding QR codes with precision. Using a 2-wire serial port for internal connection, the dedicated module ensures that scanned data remains secure. Its powerful LED illumination guarantees successful scans in any lighting condition, providing optimal functionality akin to a high-performance grocery store scanner.
- Huge New Screen - With a nine-fold increase in pixel count compared to the Mk4, the Q's screen offers a vivid and larger display. Enjoy easily readable text and effortlessly scan QR codes on cell phones and other devices with utmost convenience.
- Upgraded MicroSD Slots - The Q's dual push-pull MicroSD slots eliminate the inconvenience of the spring-loaded slot found in the Mk4. Retrieving your card is a breeze, even if you're recovering from a bear market-induced nail-biting session. Benefit from separate card storage for unsigned and signed transactions, simplifying file management and enabling dual backups.
Different ways to connect
There are various ways to connect to the Coldcard Q, all allow for a secure connection to be made without exposing your private keys.
- USB-C Connector - The industry standard for transmitting both data and power over a single cable.
- AirGap SneakerNET - Maximum security when transferring data between devices.
- NFC Tap - Secure and very short-range wireless transmission that sends data to your phone easily.
- Virtual Disk - The Q can emulate a USB disk drive, so sending PSBT files can be a drag-n-drop.
Trick PIN features
The Coldcard Q continues to offer the advanced security features found in the MK4, including:
- Duress PIN - You may define an optional "duress PIN code". If anyone enters that PIN code, instead of the "real" PIN code, nothing special is shown on the screen and everything operates as normal... However, the bitcoin key generated is not the main key. It is effectively a completely separate wallet!
- BIP39 Passphrases (25th word) - Coldcard supports BIP39 passphrases so you can also create an unlimited supply of distraction wallets. This feature is also useful for your own organisation of funds or accounts. Unlike the single duress PIN, an unlimited number of related wallets can be created using BIP39.
- Brick Me PIN - Another PIN can also be defined, which we call the “Brick Me” PIN. Using that PIN code at any PIN prompt, will destroy the dual secure element and render your Coldcard worthless.
- Countdown to Brick PIN - This is a covert variation of the BRICK ME PIN mode. It forces a time delay (of minutes/hours/days) when logging into the Coldcard. But once set, unlike the normal countdown, this special mode covertly bricks the Coldcard (or, optionally merely wipes the seed).
- Login Countdown - Force a time delay when logging into the Coldcard. Once enabled, you must enter the PIN correctly, and then wait out a forced delay (of minutes/hours/days) while a countdown is shown on-screen. Then enter your PIN correctly, a second time, to get in.
Is Crypto Nest an authorised reseller?
Yes. We have official agreements in place with all of the brands we offer. You can verify this by contacting the brands directly or by viewing their official reseller lists.
All items are shipped directly from the manufacturers to our secure warehouse facility here in the UK and then straight to our customers around the world.
What are my delivery options?
If you're a UK customer you can take advantage of our free next-day delivery service via Royal Mail Tracked 24 delivery. This option will automatically apply once you've inputted a UK address at checkout, no minimum spend required.
For our international customers, we offer an International Signed/Tracked service and aim to deliver all items within 3-10 days (depending on the delivery location).
All orders placed before 3pm Monday-Friday and before 11am Saturday will be dispatched same-day.
See our full Shipping Policy here.
What is your Returns Policy?
We offer a full 30 day returns policy. If you are not 100% satisfied with your order within 30 days of receiving delivery of the items then you can request a refund for your order.
See our full Returns Policy here.